Sunday, March 21, 2010

But I Love You

Elliot was trying his best to convince me to let him attach our garden wagon to the back of his tricycle.

E: Please Mommy.
M: It's just not going to work.
E: But I'll marry you.
M: You can't marry me, you're my son. You marry your girlfriend or boyfriend.
E: I am your boyfriend.
M: No, you're not. You can be my friend.
E: I am not your friend. But I love you.

This comes after a similar conversation the other day where I was trying to convince him to do something.

M: Please, Elliot. I will be your friend.
E: I am not your friend. But, I love you.

In the end, I let him try the wagon once. And it didn't work. It actually pulled the seat belt (which it was attached to) from it's hinge. But the rest of the ride down the hill was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment